Expansion will kills some addons

Started by Genoism, October 11, 2006, 12:10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Genoism

bye bye decursive :( what the hell is blizz thinking...how can u even begin to decurse 39 people when you dont know who's cursed and who's not, specially when you have your raid split during a fight and not everyone has a choice in the matter(ie, fight in naxx where people have to split up based on ai's random choice)....

Emmalina

I believe the expansion kills the click feature of Decursive, so I would guess Decursive will live on as a mod to inform you of who is debuffed with what as it does now, but you'll have to Dispell manually.

Set progress: D0/D1: 2/8, T1: 4/8, T2: 3/8, T3: 0/9, T4: 4/5, T5: 3/5, T6: 2/8, T7: 1/5, T8:4/5, T9: 3/5, T10: 0/5

un4

There might be a new version of decursive coming out for the expansion though... you never know  :pumpk3:
un4

usonian

Won't the 40 man dungeons be lowered to 25 players in the expansion as well?  I'm not saying you still shouldn't get a new version of decursive, but at least it won't be as bad as having a 40 man group.

un4

Yeah, and you'll be able to run things much more easily with 70s than with 60s.
un4

Genoism

there are some bosses that will put dots on the whole raid that do 2k dmg every 5 sec, even as a 70 that will kill half your raid after the 3rd cast if all your guys aren't decursing fast enough...

Shadowwolf

I wouldnt worry too too much about this guys. Just remember that anything programmed can be reverse engineered and I dont doubt that sooner or later someone will figure a way to get Decursive working with the new expansion or rather something like it if not the exact same decursive.

You gotta remember that TONS of people rely on a lot of these mods, so the people writing them arent the only ones using them and will be pressured by the masses as well as themselves to find a workaround.

Id give it about a month or less after the expansion before you start seeing some mods that do what Blizz is attempting to undo.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

un4

I mean... it's Blizz, come on!  Odds are they won't even get it in the first place   :P
un4

Shadowwolf

If it can be written, it can be unwritten  :D
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

un4

un4