Nice Opinion

Started by Darkling, November 05, 2006, 12:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkling

Ok, I know a lot of people are pissed off at Kerry. I was when I first heard about what he had said. Then I stepped back and searched the internet for more of his speech, because the only thing that was thrown in our faces was that he insulted the soldiers by what he said. Here is the most in your face article/opinion I found. And, I have to say, I enjoyed it immensely. Here for your enjoyment:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15519404/

These views don't express my own, but I did stop being pissed at Kerry.

Arcdelad

it was a botched joke...im sure its happened to all of us...I actually thought it was funny...

Grendeel

A Political Topic.  Havent seen one on here yet.   Well the Republican noise machine pushed the issue and framed the conversation around what was said.  If you know John Kerrys' history and you actually read the quote, he wasnt referring to the troops.

The quote from Kerry

He said the trip had reminded him about the value of education â€" that “if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq."

This was specifically referring to Bush not being smart and getting the American troops stuck in Iraq.  I guess if u want to, you can believe Kerry was calling himself stupid (since he was in the army as well)