Patch Day!

Started by capnpop, May 22, 2007, 07:39:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

capnpop

JohnnieRat

waitin waitin waitin :Fosters_Pack: :Fosters_Pack: :Fosters_Pack:

Holy Pallies everywhere are shedding a tear

Arcdelad

for all of us non-pallies who dont know anything about how to play one, BUT are constantly kept alive by the wonderful holy pallies we have in the guild, what exactly in non-pally speak is the big nerf for holy pallies in thsi patch?

Drygioni

theres a change to the ability that refunded 100% of the mana cost to a crit heal. so basically crit heals were free. with the other ability that guarantees a crit ( cooldown 2min i think), you could get a few for sure crits in during a major fight and your mana pool wouldn't suffer too much. Now they are only refunding 60% of the mana back, which in a long fight will kill our mana faster.

from what i read though most of the changes are to Prot talents, just the one nerf to holy

Arcdelad

so the arena system is now going to analyze our equipment and try and match us to a similarly equiped team...

...so...people will basically find a bunch of crap to equip, queue up, then change into their real armor and weapons in the staging grounds....yikes!!!

Tolwen

lol I didn't think about that :-\
eh how much more till the servers go up? i'm bored :(

usonian

Where did you read that the arena que will match up teams based on gear?  I know that they do their best to match based on rating, but I don't think they would do it based on gear.  You could put someone who never played wow in an arena with a fully-geared gladiator and they wouldn't win... it makes more sense to match based on performance.

Buzan

Quote from: Usonian on May 22, 2007, 10:41:49 AM
Where did you read that the arena que will match up teams based on gear?  I know that they do their best to match based on rating, but I don't think they would do it based on gear.  You could put someone who never played wow in an arena with a fully-geared gladiator and they wouldn't win... it makes more sense to match based on performance.

I 100% agree with you Uso, and I believe this is the system they are currently using to match teams. By this system I meant matching the teams based on rating.

Shadowwolf

As far as I know, the gear matchup is only for BG's. AV, WSG, AB, and the new one. Its to help prevent steamrolling AB and WSG premades from just trouncing unexpecting players. The arenas arent affected by this so far as I know.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Khanus

Even then, Arc has demonstrated an easy way to dupe the system, and you know people will.