Patch 2.1.1 Download

Started by Shadowwolf, June 05, 2007, 12:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

[blizzard]
Bugs
-  Players will now be able to properly destroy the infernals in the
   quest,"The Fel and the Furious".
-  Gladiator's Plate Legguards:  Fixed a graphical display error.
-  Fixed a bug that caused some systems to see terrain holes appear in
   the distance.
-  Stackable items retrieved from mail will no longer automatically
   stack in your inventory.  This has been disabled pending a future
   patch fix.
-  Players will no longer see the flickering terrain issues that were
   introduced with 2.1.0 when the LOD system is enabled.
[/blizzard]
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Arcdelad

woot! finally get to take my fel reaver and do some real damage...that quest is a lot of fun..even broken LOL

Kothnok

I just discovered that quest last weekend and got very frustrated with it since I didn't know it was broken.  I look forward to seeing what's it's like now that it's fixed. lol

Flickering terrain was their bug??  Sweet, here I thought it was just an artifact of my recent laptop purchase.
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Shadowwolf

I got the terrain thing too, I also get low frame rates and for my machine, that shouldnt happen =P Im pretty sure they did this as it didnt exist prior to 2.1
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

usonian

Same here with the frame rates and terrain, that was getting annoying.

I have got a UI bug with 2.1 that I had about 4 patches ago which is even more frustrating - if I'm in combat and go to target something else (or get attacked), sometimes the target frame doesn't show up so I can't see health, buffs, casts etc.  I have to hit V to get at least the health bars and casts visible.  Target frames are also remaining after I kill the mob showing they still have health left and with a yellow star icon on them.

I don't know what is causing this but I get all my addons from the guild website so I don't know why other people don't get it.  I tried renaming the wow addon folder with "old" to get a new one created after a restart then reloaded my addons without any luck.  The last time this happened a GM had me do all kinds of stuff and it ended up reseting EVERYTHING including video options, keybindings, wow interface setttings, etc. like I had just bought the game new.  I don't remember all they made me do but I'd like to avoid having to go through that again.

Anyone else have this problem?

Kothnok

Uso, renamiing the addon folder will do absolutely nothing about the saved variables that each addon stores for itself.  In order to clear those out you need to work in the WTF folder (wow temp files).  Beware about just renaming this folder as it stores anything and everything dealing with your character/server settings (although you could try it and see if it solves that particular problem).  It's recommended that you go into this folder and rename/move the specific addon files.  There's folders in here specific to each character as well as a server SavedVariables folder.
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.