Healing/Tanking the bear boss in ZA

Started by Grendeel, November 15, 2007, 10:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grendeel

It seems our issue with this boss is keeping the tank up.  We are close to getting him since we got him to 15% percent.   I found a thread that discusses both aspects of this fight.  It gives some different strats (with respect to healing/tanking) that have been successful for other guilds.  Since i dont really do either of them, i think its best if the experts have a read and see if any of it is helpful.

Here is the link

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html;jsessionid=233A8E9F6F71C40F9945CFD0EC125322?topicId=2856224279&sid=1

Arcdelad

great guide gre...nice find...

for my part, i am using every trick i can to help the healers out for that fight...4 seconds before its my turn to taunt him and take over tanking im hitting barkskin (reduces damage by 20% for 12 seconds i think)...im using my moroes trinket for extra dodge...im hitting frenzied rejuvination when i can, AND [item]Idol of Terror[/item] is procing like mad, giving me a constant extra 4.55% dodge...

dont really know what else I have at my disposal to help with..im sitting raid buffed at 22k health with 30k armor and 45% dodge (could be more with nas' totem)...i watch my health stay at 22k, the silence happens, and BAM...my health just steadily drops down....

im sure resto druids are awesome here with their super hots, but we as a guild are in short supply of resto druids...

Alassana

JohnnieRat

I was actually planning on respeccing to lower the duration of silence effects for Arena/PvP in general... that may help us out a bit.

Kothnok

Would a [wowitem]Voice Amplification Modulator[/wowitem] be helpful?  Non-engineers can use it, but at only a 10% duration reduction, is that enough?

EDIT: read through the comments Gren linked and what I gathered from the more insightful posts was that a druid using HoT's and one post where they didn't have any HoT's but recommended the Improved Concentration Aura to reduce the silencing effects.  (quoting the pally speak since I'm not extremely fluent in holy pally-ese)
QuoteHowever what really helped us was imp. concentration aura to reduce the silencing effects.
The first time i used DI to reduce the cost of the HL in the bear phase, the second time i bubbled out.
Worked really well for us.

Looking up the Imp. Concentration Aura, I see that it has the same 10% duration reduction as the Voice Amp.  If our healers wore this device, maybe it will help as it has for others (or had a pally present with that aura on).
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Nasanna

Koth: I don't know about other healers, but resto shamans can get a talent called "Focus Mind."  "Reduces the duration of any silence or interrupt effects used against the shaman by 10/20/30%. This effect does not stack with other similar effects."

Lots of good ideas here :)