Serpentshrine Cavern and Tempest Keep: The Eye Attunements Removed

Started by Shadowwolf, June 19, 2007, 02:33:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

[blizzard author=Tigole link=http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=110637185&sid=1]

After a lot of thought and deliberation, we’ve decided to remove the attunement requirements to enter Serpentshrine Cavern and Tempest Keep: The Eye. While many of our attunements in the Burning Crusade have been good progression checks, a few of the attunements have turned out to cause unnecessary stress on guilds either doing the content or attempting to do the content. With Black Temple and Battle for Mount Hyjal thriving, we want to encourage (rather than prevent) new guilds and raid groups to attempt Serpentshrine and TK. We are going to leave the current attunement quests in the game so that players can still engage in the challenge and the lore of those quests should they choose to. At a later point, we are considering adding a final reward step to those quests as well (that way those who have already completed them would not miss out on a *new* reward).

We’re listening to feedback from you guys constantly and your opinions are important to us. We want this game to be the best possible MMO experience for our players.

Enjoy Serpentshrine and Tempest Keep =)

(Please note: This change will go live later today -- it's not yet active)
[/blizzard]
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Luise

Lynette

This sure is nice to see.  Atleast we'll have a chance to see these two raid zones before the next expansion comes out.

I believe both of these zones are rated higher than Gruul's Lair, so probably don't want to even bother with them until we can down Gruul.

Genoism

sweet, so i dont need to work on getting revered with all the heroics? cuz thats a huge relief, getting Sl groups along with shat halls is painful. Almost revered with shatar so hopefully rerunning mech over and over will get me those badges rather then killing myself at those other places.

Shadowwolf

SC comes before TK usually, I think the first boss in TK can be done if you are a good portion through SC, but SC is rough and its recommended that you be able to clear all of Kara and Gruul before walking into there. SC is heavy nature resist, and TK is heavy fire resists on some of the bosses. I know the Phoenix boss in TK does some heavy duty fire dmg.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Vengeance

you need to be able to clear gruul and karazhan for previous attunement anyways...probly might be PRACTICE ON THAT  :P