2.4.3 PTR Patch Notes

Started by Melonni, June 18, 2008, 01:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fiere redfern

Heh, in terms of its original purpose, yes it is kinda obsolete. Though as a way to get from point A to point B without spending the time "creating" a mount it still has its use =)

un4

Is it just me, or does the arena gear look exactly the same?
un4

Nasanna

Yep :( All T6 looks the same so all S4 looks the same. All cloth sets are identical but different colors, so you won't be able to tell the difference between a priest, a mage, or a lock... Supposedly Blizz is too busy working on WOTLK so they could only design 4 sets of gear instead of 9 :p

Nixphire

It hasn't been the first time Blizzard has done something like this. AQ40 had the same thing.  :-\

fiere redfern

Anyone notice that a few more mount files have been added to the game?

I draw to your attention, exhibit A: The Swift Zevra  :o

Additionally, there's the Battle Bear (no-armored version of the ZA bear mount) and a flying version and land version of the Headless Horseman's mount (recolored Attumen)

But.. OMG ZEVRA!!!  :D

Melonni

I like the first 3 mounts, but it'd be no surprise if they just have one color available on live. :( Like how this was on a prior PTR: http://www.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2007/october/cenarionmount.jpg

Arcdelad

Dropping the mount level down to 30 makes sense, since the original max char level was 60, then went to 70 in BC, and will be 80 in WOTLK - meaning the "gestation" period of taking a charachter and levelling it to end game viability is longer....certainly the added speed of getting around 10 levels earlier will help make things smoother.

What I dont like about this patch, and most patches, is that blizz seems to dumb down the game more and more all the time...boss encounters keep getting easier, using player skills that used to take thought keeps getting easier, and now gearing up to ZOMG epixxxxx is easier.

How about they ramp UP the challenge for a change?

For example - revamp the PVP system - its aged but not perfected...other games like AoC and Warhammer have vastly superior systems.