Best Mage Vid I've seen...

Started by capnpop, September 19, 2007, 08:08:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

capnpop

He simply controls everything (even in 3v1 and 4v1 situations).

http://files.filefront.com/Shivan+Frostmage+PVP+6wmv/;8524263;/fileinfo.html

Just wow...

I'm not sure about the music, some may be loud/obnoxious/annoying/vulgar.  Listen at your own risk, I'm working so no volume for me...

Shadowwolf

Thats the kind of damage I do on Ayrn but I havent been able to get that level of coordination down on managing multiple targets like that guy. Id imagine if I could ever get that down id be a big pain in PvP.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Vengeance

WOW, thats awesome. craazy...shame not everyone has skill/gear like that =P

Zario

Holy crap was that guy critting EVERYTHING.  What kind of gear would it take to do that?

capnpop

Armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Crushridge&n=Sh%C3%ACvan

I've seen at least 2 sets of armor so I'm assuming the crit rate changes quite a bit.

Nixphire

Quote from: Zario on September 19, 2007, 05:26:31 PM
Holy crap was that guy critting EVERYTHING.  What kind of gear would it take to do that?
I like the video, I've been trying to watch more of this type of stuff to get some nice tips.
The point of videos is to put up your "best of" type of pvp. AKA you might not notice how many High Warlords he killed  ;)
But it's easy to start recording and just put in when you have a heavy set of crits. But to give this guy his credit, he is all over the place wiping the floor with them!

Grendeel

heh. Im sure its the "best of"  video.  I didnt watch it all but noticed he had a priest hot on him one time, so all wasnt solo.  Also, i never saw him feared once.  Did he meet any competent locks?   Didnt see him get ccd much if at all either.

Shadowwolf

Looking at his profile, hes heavy into PvP. The guys a part of the top 3v3 and 5v5 teams in the arena and even has the Arena Netherdrake from last season. Im sure tho, looking at his profile, his spell crit rate isnt much more than my mage, hes got ~1% more crit and about 200 more spell damage. I think its just the clips he cut and pasted to show mostly crits. When you make a video to brag about your exploits, you want to embellish and make yourself seem better than you are, thats all he did, heh.

You also have to remember, hes a frost mage. Theres a talent point for increasing spell critical strike chance by 50% if you max it against frozen targets. If you watch his video, hes always using Frost Nova or the elementals AOE ice trap which is what allows him to essentially have a 63% spell crit chance on people he gets frozen. Thats quite high when you think about it.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Vengeance

Quote from: Grendeel on September 20, 2007, 01:49:07 AM
heh. Im sure its the "best of"  video.  I didnt watch it all but noticed he had a priest hot on him one time, so all wasnt solo.  Also, i never saw him feared once.  Did he meet any competent locks?   Didnt see him get ccd much if at all either.
he got death coiled at one point, trinketed out i think :P

Nixphire

I saw the healer too. Didn't have him on all fights.
My favorate part is his use of Ice Block, I've seen it used in another video where the mage got sheeped and the fire mage was winding up with a huge Pyroblast and Ice Blocked before it hit. Talk about GG! The mage did this pretty good here as well. He was blasting someone on the left side of his screen and saw that there was another ice mage on the right side and ice blocked when the mage and the water elemental had something coming. That kind of stuff is just crazy good.

Arcdelad

Ive seen a mage named nixphire kite around a rogue 1v1 in a 3v3 arena...that mage only had like 1500 health left and he just danced away from that annoying rogue and obliterated him...

too bad THAT guy doesnt have fraps :P

Nixphire

Quote from: Arcdelad on September 20, 2007, 07:39:40 AM
Ive seen a mage named nixphire kite around a rogue 1v1 in a 3v3 arena...that mage only had like 1500 health left and he just danced away from that annoying rogue and obliterated him...

too bad THAT guy doesnt have fraps :P
Remember that one time we killed that rogue/lock, both of them, in under 5 seconds. hehe, Uso was pretty mad he didn't have much to do!

Buzan