Hydross...solo'd?

Started by capnpop, November 25, 2007, 10:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capnpop

Buzan

You overpowered bastards....

herothirtythree

the boss AFTER hydross must be cleared first....
he did NOT pull hydross by himself...
took 3 HOURS of exploiting the mobs pathing while kiting....

: shrug :
if someone wants to spend that kind of time, they deserve those kind of loots, imho

Grendeel

We  went in just to kill trash mobs and decided to give the hydross a try.   We didnt do very well :p   but we also didnt have to kill another boss first to try it.

Nixphire

He needed to clear all the trash mobs on the top portion so the fish wouldn't spawn from what I understand. Not the second boss. But this is definitly pretty cool just to see if you could do it kind of thing.

Lord Entropy

Makes you wonder if Blizz will put in a "fix" like they did for hunters after one solo'd azuregos.

herothirtythree

i believe if you do not kill the boss after hydross the water dots you while you are in it, which is why i was saying that.. could def be wrong though.

and yeah i can see an incoming hotfix for hydross's pathing

capnpop

i think that the 2nd boss had to be killed to do this.  I thought he solo-pulled with an imp but there was a mention of a mage aggroing and iceblocking.

Yes, it took 3 hours (well, 160 mins).  This is still a 25 man boss solo'd by any class that can place a DoT on the target (mage, druid, lock, hunter, priest) but lock is the best one suited for the job in this case...

also, i don't know if the 2nd boss was killed or not.  if you notice his armor was completely red at the end of the fight, i don't know if that was some effect from something else...or what for sure...

the first trash can't be skipped and can't be swam around (as far as i know with the damage that the water does) but the trash where he kited will path the same as hydross so they can be solo'd (although respawn timers are unknown to me...) 

Shadowwolf

Thats pretty crazy haha.

I dont believe this is possible anymore, if im not mistaken theyve leashed Hydross to stay on the platform around where he resides.

Yes, you would have to kill "The Lurker Below" for this to work because thats what controls the fish spawns in the water. There technically is no "first" boss of SC, its basically a matter of preference. Hydross is considered the first only because hes the first one you run into from the entrance, but you can skip him and go around. Many guilds try The Lurker first as its claimed hes easier.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Rocknlock

wow, she/he made it look easy =p the path doesn't even look that hard to follow. w00t for locks!

capnpop

yeah, one major problem is that if you start swimming under the overpass too soon you get 1-shot by him/her.  You'll get hit from above through the floor.  So a glitch made it doable, a glitch made it really easy to mess up too...

edit: and wouldn't leashing hydross possibly create some reset issues.  If they messed up and made it too touchy you'll have a really messed up encounter since so much of it depends on going in and out...

Shadowwolf

He wasnt meant to be moved that far though. Hes meant to be moved back and forth into the water streams then out again and repeating. Basically once the raid gets max stacks on his debuff for one mode, you move him to change his modes again. No way you could effectively do it if you kited him off the platform.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess