stuck in queue

Started by khader, October 16, 2008, 05:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

khader

The new patch has rolled out for better or worse and once again login queues have returned to Alex.

If this is any indication of what's to come, the release of WotLK will be even worse......

Perhaps Blizzard could present the list of realms to new people in reverse order - that way Alex would be last and some other realm could pick up the people that just take the first one on the list.  Sounds good?

btw - this is exactly how I wound up on Alex - just picked the first one in the list.  :Bat:

fiere redfern

What, and miss out on all the would-be Khaders who might join our guild?  O0

I'm in queue, myself. I knew Shadow added the arcade for a reason!

Lynette

Agree Khad, I ended up here for the same reason.

Atleast the queues aren't like the early days when they were over 1,000 long and it took 45 minutes to get in.

Nixphire

I won't mention any names. But I would assume it's more then just a few people. But I know a lot of people are dual boxing on the server...  :pumpk3:

Shadowwolf

Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Geos

Position in queue: 570
Estimated time: 37 minutes

Tolwen

grunkatze

Edit: 70th in queue, 32 min estimated wait.

Iliessa

Yeah I also joined Alexstrasza because it was the first PvE realm on the list. I was thinking I would switch to PvP once I got the hang of things, but had no idea that it was going to take months to get to 70. I came from playing Diablo II where you could get 'rushed' and you were level 80 within 3 days, easy. Oh I was so naive.  ;)

If Blizzard was a little smarter about things they would have opened up free transfers on all the realms with queue times BEFORE Lich King was released. But that would be proactive and make sense! Ah well...

As far as time spent in the queues.. it doesn't seem to actually last as long as the estimated time says until you get down to a couple of minutes left, or maybe I've just been lucky. The longest queue time I have had is about 15 minutes when it had estimated 25 when it first displayed. I usually log on around 7-7:30pm server time.